RacketPal Terms And Conditions
Effective: February 18, 2019
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a contract between you, the user of this website or mobile application, referred to herein as the “Customer”, “you” or the “user” and RacketPal Limited, the owners of RacketPal’s website and mobile application, referred to herein as “the Supplier” or “us” or “we”. They govern your use of RacketPal’s sites, services, mobile apps, products, and content (“Services”).
By using RacketPal, you are agreeing to all Terms set out in this document and any documents referred to herein. Please read all these terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not use RacketPal.
By using our content and Services, you will be agreeing to RacketPal’s terms and conditions. Before creating an account on our mobile application or website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not use our Services. You can only receive services from our mobile application or website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 13 years old. Nothing in these Terms can be applied or transferred to any third party.
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. If a change is material to your use of our services, we will let you know before they take effect. By using RacketPal on or after the effective date of a new Terms of Service contract, you are agreeing to the new Terms. If you don’t agree to them, you should delete your account before they take effect, otherwise your use of the site and content will be subject to the new Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession also referred to herein as “Customer” and “you”;
- User/ Users means any third party that accesses the mobile application or website and is not employed by RacketPal and acting in the course of their employment;
- RacketPal means RacketPal Limited trading as RacketPal 11 Bentfield Gardens, London, United Kingdom, London, SE9 4PN with email address email@example.com; telephone number 07799055624, a company registered in England and Wales under number 11818671;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer's order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Order, and any use of RacketPal’s sites, services, mobile apps, products, and content;
- Website means our website https://www.racketpal.co.uk/ on which the Services are advertised;
- Mobile Application means RacketPal’s software application and any design, coding, and content which is designed to run on a mobile device such as a phone, tablet, or watch.
- The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in the website, mobile application, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of any Goods supplied.
- In the case of Services and any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Services are subject to availability. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, or for any other reason. These terms and conditions will apply to any new changes.
- RacketPal does not accept any liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
3. User responsibilities
- You can only receive services from our mobile application or website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 13 years old.
- You may only use our products for your own personal use, and you must not use our products for any other purposes (including commercial).
- You may only use RacketPal for commercial purposes if you have been registered and approved as a Partner or service provider.
- You must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our products, nor shall you:
- republish material from our products (including republication on another website or service);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our products;
- show any material marked confidential from our products in public;
- exploit material from our products for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our products.
- You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us and our authorised employees and representatives with access to any account under your control as required, provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
- When using the RacketPal Services and when submitting Content to the Mobile Application or Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- you must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- you must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- you must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- it is advised that posts on message boards, chat facilities or similar and communications with RacketPal are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- content submissions are required to be made using the English language. Content in any other language may be removed at our sole discretion;
- you must not post links to other websites containing any of the above types of Content;
- the means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- you must not engage in any form of commercial advertising. This does not prohibit references to businesses for non-promotional purposes including references where advertising may be incidental;
- you must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of RacketPal or our affiliates;
- you must not submit material that may contain viruses or any other software or instructions that may damage or disrupt other software, computer hardware or communications networks; and
- you must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect without written notice to you.
4. Personal information and Account Registration
- When registering to use the Website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
- By continuing to use our services you represent that any information you submit is accurate and truthful and that you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
- If your private username and password has been accessed by an unauthorised user, you shall notify RacketPal in writing immediately.
- You must not use any other person’s account to access our products, without express permission from that account holder.
- You must provide accurate information about yourself and your identity when making an account or engaging in any communication or while using our Services.
- You must only create one account for personal use only, and no other account for any commercial use, as stated above.
- By submitting content, you represent that you are the author of such Content or that you have acquired all the appropriate rights or permissions to use the Content in this fashion. RacketPal accepts no responsibility or liability for any infringement of third-party rights by using, modifying, or removing such Content.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties, all Content submitted by users is for publication on the Website and other such uses as RacketPal may deem appropriate under a royalty-free, perpetual basis.
- RacketPal will not be liable in any way or under any circumstances for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of such Content, nor for any errors or omissions in the Content. Use of and reliance upon such Content is entirely at your own risk.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
- You acknowledge that any information you send to us through our System may be modified by us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us in advance and we reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- We reserve all rights to all content on our mobile application and website, including but not limited to, any branding, graphics icons, logos, video clips, page design or layout, underlying code, software advertising or material is property of RacketPal. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- You may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from RacketPal unless otherwise permitted by law.
- You agree that:
- you will not use the Content of the Website for commercial purposes; and
- you will not systematically copy Content from the Website with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory or database unless given express written permission to do so by RacketPal.
6. Termination and suspension
- We can, without notice, restrict, edit, suspend or terminate your account and any use of an associated account with your identity for any good cause, including, but not limited to:
- A breach of this agreement;
- your illegal or fraudulent use of our service;
- your interference with our operations;
- If you or any user of your account threatens, harasses, or use vulgar/ inappropriate language toward any of our representatives or other users of the mobile application or website;
- If you ‘spam’ or engage in aggressive communications;
- If you use our service in a way that negatively affects our business.
7. Other Websites
- RacketPal’s mobile application and website may contain links to other websites. RacketPal does not assume any responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- As a User, you understand that by including links to other websites does not imply that RacketPal endorses or promotes other websites and RacketPal indemnifies itself from damage that may arise from any form of reliance on the content of these other websites.
- As a user of RacketPal, you may link your account with other third-party social web services including, without limitation to, Facebook and Twitter, which are subject to their own Terms and Conditions. If you decide to link your account with other third-party social web services using our mobile application or website, you agree that we may receive the personal information you have provided to those third-party social web services (including, without limitation to, your name, profile picture, email address and all other information you have chosen to provide). You understand and agree that this personal information will be collected by RacketPal and will appear in your profile.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation regarding your personal information.
- By accepting these Terms, you are giving consent to RacketPal to place cookies on your device.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- 'GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact the company founder at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RacketPal reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- Content submitted by Users is not screened by RacketPal prior to appearing online. We retain the right to exercise our sole discretion to remove or relocate any Content as we deem appropriate without the consent of the author. We shall be under no obligation to exercise such discretion. If you wish to enquire as to the removal of Content, please submit your query email@example.com. This does not constitute an undertaking to explain our actions.
- RacketPal may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to (email address). Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- RacketPal may from time to time send you information about our products and/or services. We may also send you information regarding your account activity and purchases, as well as updates about the Website and Service as well as other promotional offers. You can always opt-out of our promotional e-mails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of such e-mail correspondence; or you can opt-out of any marketing emails by managing your notifications, which is available as part of your RacketPal account.
10. Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services and any Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services or Goods. When an Order has been submitted on our mobile application or website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the Services requested or Goods Purchased only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order, you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (i.e. the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract, and before performance begins of any of the Services.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 14 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer or User. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, e.g. by giving you rights as a business.
11. Fees and Payment
- The fees (Fees) for the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the mobile application or Website at the date we accept the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Prices for Services may be calculated on a fixed price or on a standard daily rate basis.
- Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Services.
- We will deliver the Services, including any Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement:
- in the case of Services, within a reasonable time; and
- in the case of Goods, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Services on time, you can require us to reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including the right to receive a refund for anything already paid above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or charges. RacketPal determines what is an appropriate reduction in Fees.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Services at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
13. Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
- We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care.
- In relation to the Services, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our behalf, about us or about the Services, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with) if you take it into account when deciding to enter this Contract, or when making any decision about the Services after entering into this Contract. Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualified it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this Contract or later).
15. Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery (and the right to cancel below).
- RacketPal makes no express or implied warranty or representation that our mobile application or website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- No part of this mobile application or website is intended to constitute advice, nor should the content be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind. The user accepts that they use our Services at their own risk.
- The information on the mobile application and website is not designed with commercial purposes in mind. Commercial use of the Content of the mobile application or website is forbidden under sub-Clause 3.2 of these Terms and Conditions. Any such use constitutes a breach of these Terms and Conditions and RacketPal makes no representation or warranty that this Content is suitable for use in commercial situations or that it constitutes accurate data and / or advice on which business decisions can be based.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of services available from RacketPal correspond to the actual services available, RacketPal is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions.
- Whilst RacketPal uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the mobile application and website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are responsible for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers when accessing our mobile application, website, or third-party sites.
17. Excluding liability
- RacketPal does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the RacketPal’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (e.g. loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because we believe you are not using our services for your business, trade, craft or profession.
- You and RacketPal both agree to limit claims against each other solely to direct damages. Neither of us will claim any damages that are indirect, special, consequential, incidental, treble, or punitive. For instance, any unauthorized access, use, or changes to your account.
- You and RacketPal both agree to resolve disputes only by arbitration or in small claims court. You understand that by agreeing to this, you are giving up your right to bring a claim in court in front of a jury. While the procedures may be different, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief, and must honour the same terms in this agreement, as the court would. Unless agreed otherwise in writing, the arbitration will take place in the county closest to RacketPal’s registered office.
- This agreement does not allow class or collective arbitrations, even if other relevant legislation governing arbitration would. Any question regarding the enforceability of this agreement shall be decided by a courtroom judge and not an arbitrator.
- If either party decides to seek arbitration under this agreement, the party seeking the arbitration must first notify the other party of the dispute in writing at least 30 days in advance of initiating the arbitration. Notice must describe the nature of the claim and the relief being sought. It must be sent to the company founder at the registered address above. If we are unable to resolve the dispute within these 30 days, either party may then proceed to file a claim for arbitration.
18. No Waiver
- In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
19. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 14 days.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer: (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).